- Darjeeling (2N)
- Nathula Pass
- Tsongpo Lake
- Old Baba Temple
- Gangtok City Tour
- Yumthung Valley
- Economy Package (Standard / Deluxe Hotels):
- Luxury Package (3 Star Hotels):
Flight Fare (Additional Fee): Bangalore / Chennai / Hyderabad to Bagdogra Airport & return would cost around INR 9,000 - INR 15,000, depeding on the dates of the tour.
Justification: We prefer to include only breakfast in the package and exclude lunch & dinner due to the following reasons:
- Pricing: Inclusion of meals is an indirect way of charging higher price from the guest. Also, inclusion of meals into the package will invite higher taxes from the hotel as it comes in the luxury goods & services category, thereby making the package price go higher. Often, the increase in price through the inclusion of meals leads to compromise on the quality of services during the tour. However, if the guests have the meals at the restaurant of the same hotel on direct order basis, the meal expense would be less than 50% of the price, unlike the case with meal inclusions.
- Convenience: The guests will be forced to abide by the meal timings of the hotel and the itinerary will get affected. Generally for maximum coverage of places, early departure and late arrivals are preferred. Hence, including meals would lead to unnecessary delays in the itinerary.
- Freedom to Explore: The guests can freely explore the cuisines and local restaurants of their choice, if meals are excluded in the package. However, in case where there is no good quality meal facility at the destination, we include meals also in the package.
What is included in the tour
- Hotel (based on availability at the time of confirmation)
- Transfers on private basis, as mentioned in the package
- Hotel taxes applicable as on today
- Meals as per the itinerary section of the package.
- Driver allowances, fuel, toll, parking fee and taxes.
- Permit charges
- 5% GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Personal expenses
- Entry tickets & recreation fee
- Any optional tours
- Tea & Snacks or any other meal not mentioned in the itinerary section of the package.
- Expenses occurred due to bad weather, flight or ferry cancellation, strike or political unrest to be paid by guest as per actual
- Room Services, Laundry, Telephone charges, etc.
- Additional usage of vehicle
- Cost of services which is not mentioned in the 'Inclusions'
Day 01: Arrival at Bagdogra, Transfer to Darjeeling
On arrival at Bagdogra Airport, meet and greet by our representative. Transfer to Darjeeling (70 km, 3hours) and check-in at hotel. Enroute scenic attractions on the way and stop at photographic places .The rest of the day is for leisure. You can stroll around the streets of Darjeeling (on your own expense). Overnight at Darjeeling.
Day 02: Darjeeling Tour
Early morning (sunrise), proceed to Tiger Hill to watch the world’s third highest peak - Mt. Kanchenjunga, turn from pink to gold as the sun rises over the mountain range. While returning, stop by at the 135-year-old Ghoom Monastery & the Batasia Loop War Memorial, built in the memory of martyred Gorkha soldiers. Enjoy a cup of piping hot Darjeeling tea at one of the tea stalls. Come back to your hotel for breakfast and rest for a while. Later, visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Thursday closed). Later, visit the Padmaja N. Zoological Garden (Thursday closed) and the Tibetan Refugee Centre (Sunday closed) for an amazing experience. Rummage through souvenirs at the market in Mall Road and buy lovely trinkets. Return to by night. Overnight at Darjeeling.
Day 03: Darjeeling to Gangtok, Gangtok City Tour
Early morning (6 AM), check-out from hotel and proceed to Gangtok (100 km, 4 hours). Stop at the meandering Teesta River and click some lovely family photos. On arrival at Gangtok, check-in at hotel and proceed for a full-day city tour of Gangtok. Visit Tashi View Point, Ganesh Tok and Hanuman Tok, from where you can enjoy the spellbinding view of the Himalayas. Further, proceed to visit Do Drul Chorten - the biggest stupa in Sikkim and Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (closed on Sunday), which has an impressive collection of Tibetan artifacts and ancient manuscripts. Shop for souvenirs at the Institute of Handicrafts and Handlooms (closed on Sunday) and Mall Road. Return to hotel by night. Overnight at Gangtok. Return to hotel by night. Overnight at Gangtok.
Note: The permits to visit North and East Sikkim will be arranged on this day. Hence, being present at Gangtok on this day is important.
Day 04: Tsongpo Lake & Nathula Pass Tour
After breakfast (or early morning), proceed to Nathula Pass (60 km, 2 hours). Later, by 1 PM, proceed to Old Baba Temple (The Temple of an Army Soldier, worshipped by both Indian and Chinese Army) (10 km, 20 minute). Then, proceed to Tsongpo Lake (20 km, 30 minutes). Then, return to Gangtok. Overnight at Gangtok.
Day 05: Lachung Tour
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and proceed to Lachung (100 km, 4 hours). Enroute sightseeing places. On arrival at Lachung, check-in at the homestay. The rest of the day is for leisure to go around the Lachung (on your own). Overnight at Lachung.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Day 06: Yumthung Tour, Lachung to Gangtok
After breakfast, check-out from the homestay and proceed for Yumthing Valley tour. By evening, proceed to Gangtok (100 km, 4 hours). Overnight at Gangtok.
Day 07: Departure from Gangtok
Early morning (6 AM), check-out form hotel and proceed to Bagdogra Airport (130 km, 5 hours) to board the flight to your hometown.
Instructions, Terms & Conditions
- All passengers have to report 03 hrs prior to the departure due to the crowd at the airports.
- The passengers must ensure that the check-in baggage does not have storage elements such as power banks, laptops, batteries or any other electronic gadget. In case of issues at the airport relevant to the baggage or delay in departure or missing a flight or a baggage, the company is not responsible in any manner. However, the company attempts to provide the best assistance to the guests in such situations, but does not take the monetary responsibilities in any kind.
- Any change in the itinerary (due to guest's request) at the destination will be subject to additional payment as per the market value.
- In case of early check-out / early start (7.30 AM or earlier) or late check-in / later arrival at hotel, breakfast or dinner will be on your own expense. However, breakfast in hotel is complementary and is not eligible for any kind of refund. In case dinner confirmed during booking is missed due to late arrival, it will not be eligible for a refund.
- The company is NOT responsible for loss of life or hospitalization or similar incidents due to any unanticipated incidents during the tour.
- The company does not take responsibility in case the guest opts to try out self-driven vehicles, in particular, injuries to the guests or loss of life. Also, in case of any damage to the self-driven vehicle (on rental or own), the guests are solely responsible for compensating for the damage caused if any. The company has no obligation in participating in the process of negotiation or repairs if any. Any technical issue or damage to the vehicle will have to be solved on the own expense of the guest.
- Some places in the capital city may not be permitted for public due to national holidays or local events.
- Any dispute regarding child's age, extra bed, occupancy issues, etc. are to be settled directly with hotels.
- Guests are requested to plan their day based on the time of pick-up and drop, which needs to be obtained from the driver or the tour manager (at the destination). In case any services are missed due to delay in departure, the operator will not be responsible for any refunds. Also, it may lead to skipping some of the places planned for the day and guests have to cooperate with the tour operator. During the tour, drivers will not wait more than 30 minutes for late passengers.
- The guests are requested to be present at the waiting lounge of the hotel 5-10 minutes prior to the timings mentioned by the driver or tour operator. Also, the guests are requested to coordinate with the driver everyday instead of expecting the company to coordinate from its office.
- Date or time of departure, pickup or drop-off or the content of a tour itinerary, are subject to change or cancellation should unforeseen circumstances occur, at the discretion of the tour operator (at the destination) changes to the itinerary.
- Guests are requested to review travel warnings, announcements, advisories and prohibitions issued by the relevant authorities and governments at the destinations. By offering travel products for particular destinations, the company does not warrant that travel to such areas is advisable or without risk. The company is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to such destinations.
- Tourists are obliged to stay with tour at all times.
- Tour Operator accepts no liability for direct or consequential loss of personal belongings and recommends that valuable belongings be left at home.
- The company attempts to provide the best experience at the hotel / resorts. However, in case of minor requirements and services during the stay, the guests needs to cooperate with the company by directly discussing about it with the hotel / resorts instead of expecting the same to be done from the company.
- In case of SIC tours, the guests must cooperate with the other tourists and consider their comfort levels.
- In case of accommodations in small towns (mostly less explored places), the hotels may not have the facilities the way it is available in the hotels located at urban areas. In such a case, the guests are requested to cooperate with the hotel management and adjust with the available resources and cooperate.
- The company does not have further liability for the carriage any offensive or annoyance behavior to other tourists.
- Operator reserves the right to implement alternate locations or make other significant changes to the itinerary, including cancellation, due to force majeure, weather conditions, operational considerations, or imposed security limitations.
- Operator will, in case of changes, delay or cancellation in service provided by third parties such as airlines, border agencies, government bodies, or others, attempt to provide solutions to ensure the minimal impact to the schedule, experience, and cost.
- During the tour, drivers or other members of our team might take pictures for marketing purposes. If passengers do not agree with this, please inform a member of our team.
- Ensure all immigration documents are clear.
- All guests must carry their original ID proof. Ensure your ID proof is valid atleast 6 months from the date of arrival at the destination. Also, carry 5 copies of the ID proof along with 5 passport sized photographs (recent).
- There will be certain regulations of custom that you will receive on board flight.
- We suggest you take the opportunity to change to the currency accepted at the destination, atleast 72 hours before your date of departure from your hometown.
- The contact details of the person who will pick-up at the airports will be informed to the guests 12 hours before the departure from the hometown. The representative who is assigned to receive the guests will be waiting at the ‘Arrivals’ section of the airport with a placard of the name mentioned on this voucher.
- The company is not responsible in case the airline reschedules the flights or cancels a flight and re-books in an alternative flight by itself.
- If circumstances make you cancel your holiday, the cancellation must be intimated to us in writing.
- In case of flight and train booking, the cancellation fee would be as per the airline or railway norms. Airline cancellation is generally a heavy loss, irrespective of the mentioning of the word 'Refundable' in the ticket.
- For the holiday package, we will be constrained to levy the following cancellation charges per person.
- 45 to 30 days or more prior to the departure: 30% of the Holiday Cost.
- 29 To 15 days prior to the departure: 40% of the Holiday Cost.
- 14 To 07 days prior to the departure: 60% of the Holiday Cost.
- 06 To 03 days prior to the departure: 80% of the Holiday Cost.
- 02 To 01 day prior to the departure: 90% of the Holiday Cost.
- In case of no show: 100% of the Holiday Cost.
- The cancellation charges mentioned above are applicable only for the package. The cancellation charges for flights is a separate calculation, as per the flight cancellation (or rescheduling) policy of the airline, which is a percentage on the price mentioned on the tickets.