- Dinner (Indian Vegetarian, Non-Vegetarian, Jain)
Pick-up and Drop: Bagdogra Airport, West Bengal India
Immigration Documents: Voter ID (Indian Citizens) or Passport
- Note: Indian citizens do not need passport to tour Bhutan and there is no need to obtain a visa. Using your valid voter ID, our representative will arrange for the permits to tour Bhutan. However, other ID proofs used in India will not be considered as a valid document for the permit.
Hotels (3 Star)
- Phuentsholing: Bhutan Residence, Tshering Ma or similar
- Thimpu: Peaceful Resort, Bhutan Kubera (new hotel) or similar
- Punakha: Punakha Residency or similar
- Paro: Taktsang Paradise, Khamsum Inn, Four Season (new hotel) or similar
- INR 26,500 per person (without Breakfast & Dinner)
- INR 31,500 per person (with Breakfast & Dinner)
Note: It is recommended that the tourists to Bhutan opt for packages without food (breakfast & dinner) due to the following reasons:
- The food is cheaper if it is taken on order basis at the restaurants than including them in the package. In case, food is not included in the package, the tourist will have to spend about INR 400 per person per day for food. But, if the food is included in the package, the food price is expensive (approximately INR 800 per person per day).
- The tourists can taste variety of Bhutanese delicacies at the places of their choice, if the food is not included in the package.
- Neatly cooked 'Pure Vegetarian' hotels are available in Bhutan, to which the driver will take you (provided it is within the limits of the city/town) for breakfast & dinner (if possible, for lunch also).
Transfers: Wagon R (4 + 1 Seater)
- Note: In case the couple wants to opt Hyundai Santa Fee or Tucson for the transfers, an additional fee of INR 1,500 per person will added during the booking.
Flights (Additional): INR 17,000 per person from Indian Cities (approximate price per round trip, depending on date of booking)
What is included in the tour
- Pick up and Drop: Bagdogra Airport, India
- Daily breakfast.
- Dinner included if chosen in the package.
- Transfer all in private basis
- Tolls, parking fee and driver allowances
- Sightseeing as per itinerary (Point to Point Basis).
- Immigration Charges and Permit Process
- Driver cum Guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Extras of personal nature such as personal tips, laundry charges, additional tour charges.
- Lunch, Tea & Snacks
- Insurance, Medical & Emergency rescue costs.
- Hard drinks, liquor, mineral water in Hotel, or soft drinks/juices.
- Entrance Fees at Monasteries / Monuments / Museums etc.
- Specialized Guide
Day 01: Arrive in Bagdogra
Pick up from Bagdogra Airport, India and drive to Phuentsholing. Check-in at hotel. Visit Zangtho Pelri Lhakhang. Take a downtown walk in the evening. Overnight at Phuentsholing.
Zangtho Pelri Lhakhang: Situated in city centre, this small temple represents the heaven of Guru Rinpoche. Zhangtho Pelri Phuentsholing Bhutan. In the ground floor, there are statues of eight manifestations of Guru Rinpoche and paintings on Buddha's life, while the next floor contains eight Bodhisattavas and statues of Avalokiteshvara and Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. On the top floor, there is the main statue of Amitabha.
Day 02: Phuentsholing to Thimphu
After breakfast, proceed for immigration formalities at Indo-Bhutan Border. Later drive to Thimphu (180 km/approx. 6 hours). Thimpu, the capital town of Bhutan with enroute stop at Chuzom, the confluence of Thimphu and Paro rivers., three different style of Stupas; Tibetan, Nepalese and Bhutanese adorn this confluence.
On arrival at Thimphu, check-in at the hotel. The capital town of Bhutan and the centre of government, religion and commerce, Thimphu is a unique city with unusual mixture of modern development alongside ancient traditions. With the population of about 90,000 it is perhaps still the world’s only capital city without a traffic light. After a little relaxation, go for the following sightseeing for the day. Later, take a walk to the Coronation Park, located on the banks of the river (near the city stadium). This is a 5.6 acres of parkland, which offers a pleasant and relaxing environment to watch the river flowing by. Take a downtown walk in the evening. Overnight at Thimphu.
Day 03: Sightseeing at Thimpu, Thimpu - Punakha
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and proceed for sightseeing in Thimpu. Later proceed to Punakha, check-in at hotel and proceed for dinner. Overnight stay at Punakha.
Largest Buddha Statue: Visit Buddha Dordenma Statue. It is a bronze statue gilded in gold. It is one of the largest Buddha Statue in the world, located at a height of 51.5 metres (169 ft). The statue alone is being built at a cost of USD 47 million by Aero Sun Corporation of Nanjing, China, while the total cost of the Buddha Dordenma Project is well over USD 100 million.
Takin Preserve: Houses the national animal the Takin, that is only found in Bhutan. This is an extremely rare member of the goat family and found in herds in the very high altitudes (13,125ft and over). They live on a diet of grass and bamboo. They weigh as much as 550 pounds.
Folk Heritage Museum: The Folk Heritage Museum is set inside a three storied, 19th century traditional house. The museum gives you a glimpse of the traditional Bhutanese lifestyle, in addition to artifacts from rural households. It also displays an impressive collection of typical household objects, tools and equipment. The museum also organizes regular demonstrations of rural traditions, skills, habits and customs as well as hosting educational programs for children. The activities of the museum follow a seasonal rhythm, just like the activities of a true rural household, offering you something new to see every time you visit the place. The museum does a remarkable job of recapturing the rural setting and ambiance of a traditional household by setting up paddy, wheat and millet fields, a traditional water-mill with mill stones more than 150 years old, traditional style kitchen gardens with vegetables that were typically grown during the past 100 years and one of the traditional hot stone baths that are famous throughout the country.
Memorial Chorten: This stupa was built in 1974 by her Majesty Ashi Phuntsho Choden Wangchuck in the memory of her son Bhutan’s late third King His Majesty Jigme Dorji Wangchuck, who is popularly regarded as the Father of Modern Bhutan.
On the way to Punakha (after lunch)
Druk Wangyal Lhakhang: Visit Druk Wangyal Lhakhang, also known as 108 stupa. The Druk Wangyal Lhakhang, a temple in Dochula, offers an interesting example of traditional Buddhist culture meeting the 21st century. The Queen Mother Ashi Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck completed construction of this temple in 2008, in commemoration of Bhutanese casualities in the 2003 conflict with Assamese Militants.
Chime Lhakhang: Chime Lhakhang is a small 15th Century temple famous for its fertility endowments or rites due to the blessings of Lam Drukpa Kuenley. The temple sits on a hillock shaped, as only Drukpa Kuenley could describe it 'like a woman’s breast'. It’s widely believed that childless couples are usually blessed with a child very soon, if they pray at this temple.
Day 04: Sightseeing in Punakha, Punakha – Paro
After breakfast, check-out from hotel and proceed for sightseeing in Punakha. Later, proceed for Paro (Elevation: 2250 m, Distance: 110 km, Time: 5 hrs). On arrival at Paro, check-in at hotel and proceed for dinner. Overnight at Paro.
Punakha Dzong: Visit Punakha Dzong (the Palace of Great Happiness) built in 1637 by the Zhabdrung. The Dzong is beautifully located in between the two rivers called Pho (male) and Mo (female) Chhu (river). It was the capital of Bhutan till 1955. The established of the Wangchuck Dynasty on 17th December, 1907 took place here and the first National Assembly was also held in the Dzong in 1953. Punakha Dzong continues to be the winter residence of the Je Khenpo (Chief Abbot) and the central monk body. Drive to Paro. On the way to Paro offers another chance to view the amazing Himalayan ranges. During lunch you can try various local dishes.
Paro Dzong: This is also known as the ‘fortress of the heap of jewels’. It was built during the time of Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyal in 1646 after the small Hungrel fortress built by Lam Drung Drung was offered to Zhabdrung. The approach to the Dzong is through a traditional cantilever bridge.
National Museum: National Museum was built as a watch tower. Unlike the rectangular shape of the Dzongs, Ta Dzong is conical, more like that of a European castle. Since 1967 the Dzong was re-established as the National Museum and holds a fascinating collection of art, relics, religious thangkha paintings and Bhutan’s exquisite postage stamps.
Day 05: Taktsang (Tiger's Nest)
After breakfast drive to a place where hike to Paro starts. Taktsang Palphug Monastery more famous as Paro Taktsang is a Buddhist temple complex which clings to a cliff, 3120 meters above the sea level on the side of the upper Paro valley. The Taktsang Palphug Monastery is one of the most famous touristic destinations of the country and the cultural icon of Bhutan. Visiting the Paro Taktsang Monastery is an unforgettable experience thanks to its unique location and the views of surrounding majestic mountains and emerald green valleys. It is believed that in 8th century Spiritual Master (Guru Rinpoche) known as the second Buddha in Bhutan, have arrived here flying on the back of a tigress from Singye Dzong in Lhuntse and meditate in a cave for three month where Taktsang Monastery now stands. Evening freely scroll around town. Night stay at Paro. Note: For those who are not willing to trek to Tatksang, pony service is available on direct payment basis.
ALTERNATE OPTION: Day Excursion to Chelela Pass (on additional direct payment basis of INR 1,500 per person)
After breakfast drive to Chilela Pass. On a clear day there is a superb view of Mt. Jhomolhari and Mt. Jichu Drake. Later return to Paro. After lunch, visit the farm house, where you will experience the traditional living of Bhutanese culture. You will have fun playing the Bhutanese games. You can also experience a hot stone bath in evening. Return to hotel by night and proceed for dinner. Overnight at Paro.
Day 06: Paro - Phuentsholing
After breakfast, check-out from hotel and drive back to Phuentsholing. On the way, view the amazing Himalayan ranges. Stop along the way to take photos wherever you find the best spot for the photography. In the evening, you can have leisure time in Phuentsholing Town. Return to hotel for dinner. Overnight at Phuentsholing.
Day 07: Phuentsholing to Bagdogra Airport for Departure
After a breakfast, check-out from the hotel and head to Bagdogra Airport, which is five hours away, for your return journey.
Instructions, Terms & Conditions
- All passengers have to report 03 hrs prior to the departure to ensure hazzle-free and comfortable travel.
- The passengers must ensure that the check-in baggage does not have storage elements such as power banks, laptops, batteries or any other electronic gadget. In case of issues at the airport relevant to the baggage or delay in departure or missing a flight or a baggage, the company is not responsible in any manner. However, the company attempts to provide the best assistance to the guests in such situations, but does not take the monetary responsibilities in any kind.
- Any change in the itinerary (due to client's request) at the destination will be subject to additional payment as per the market value.
- The company is not responsible in case of rescheduling of flight, trains, delays in transfers due to unanticipated incidents, non-confirmation of train tickets, change of trains due to non-confirmation of tickets, etc. In such a case, any extension in the stay or sightseeing, the client must bear the additional expense (on direct payment basis) and company holds no responsibility in bargaining or negotiating with the driver.
- Guests are requested to follow the timings in the program. In case any services are missed due to delay in departure, the operator will not be responsible for any refunds. Also, it may lead to skipping some of the places planned for the day and guests have to cooperate with the tour operator.
- Guests are requested to review travel warnings, announcements, advisories and prohibitions issued by the relevant authorities and governments at the destinations. By offering travel products for particular destinations, the company does not warrant that travel to such areas is advisable or without risk. The company is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to such destinations.
- Car usage for full day tour is 10 hours and for half day tour is 6 hours.
- The maximum time for driver to wait is 30 min before schedule.
- Overtime fee for car usage will charged directly to the guest.
- Please follow the schedule. The timing of car usage is following the itinerary above.
- The guests must discuss with the driver directly about the next day's plan and confirm from him about the pick up timings of the next day.
- In case the destination of full day or half-day excursion changes due to bad weather or any other unanticipated incidents, the guests will be taken to alternate places lying within the same distance as that of the destination mentioned in the itinerary.
- Date or time of departure, pickup or drop-off or the content of a tour itinerary, are subject to change or cancellation should unforeseen circumstances occur, at the discretion of the tour operator changes to the itinerary.
- Guests are obliged to stay with tour at all times.
- The guests are requested to cooperate with the driver (or the tour coordinator) and maintain a good code of conduct which is mutually pleasing.
- Tour operator accepts no liability for direct or consequential loss of personal belongings and recommends that valuable belongings be left at home.
- In case of SIC tours, the guests must cooperate with the other tourists and consider their comfort levels during the tour.
- In case of accommodations in small towns (mostly less explored places), the hotels may not have the facilities the way it is available in the hotels located at urban areas. In such a case, the guests are requested to cooperate with the hotel management and adjust with the available resources and cooperate.
- We will not have further liability for the carriage any offensive or annoyance behavior to other passenger.
- Operator reserves the right to implement alternate locations or make other significant changes to the itinerary, including cancellation, due to force majeure, weather conditions, operational considerations, or imposed security limitations.
- Operator will, in case of changes, delay or cancellation in service provided by third parties such as airlines, border agencies, government bodies, or others, attempt to provide solutions to ensure the minimal impact to the schedule, experience, and cost.
- During the tour, drivers will not wait more than 30 minutes for late passengers.
- During the tour, drivers or other members of our team might take pictures for marketing purposes. If passengers do not agree with this, please inform a member of our team.
- Ensure all immigration documents are clear.
- All guests must carry valid voter ID. Ensure your ID proof is valid atleast 6 months from the date of arrival at the destination. Also, carry 5 copies of the ID proof along with 5 passport sized photographs (recent).
- There will be certain regulations of custom that you will receive on board flight.
- We suggest you take the opportunity to change to the currency accepted at the destination, atleast 72 hours before your date of departure from your hometown.
- At the end of the exit, there is a convenience place named Flight Information Center. Our guide/representative will be holding a board with your name.
- The company is not responsible in case the airline reschedules the flights or cancels a flight and re-books in an alternative flight by itself.
- If circumstances make you cancel your holiday, the cancellation must be intimated to us in writing.
- In case of flight and train booking, the cancellation fee would be as per the airline or railway norms. Airline cancellation is generally a heavy loss, irrespective of the mentioning of the word 'Refundable' in the ticket.
- For the holiday package, we will be constrained to levy the following cancellation charges per person.
- 45 to 30 days or more prior to the departure: 30% of the Holiday Cost.
- 29 To 15 days prior to the departure: 40% of the Holiday Cost.
- 14 To 07 days prior to the departure: 60% of the Holiday Cost.
- 06 To 03 days prior to the departure: 80% of the Holiday Cost.
- 02 To 01 day prior to the departure: 90% of the Holiday Cost.
- In case of no show: 100% of the Holiday Cost.