What is included in the tour
- Pick up and Drop: Bagdogra Airport, India
- Sightseeing and airport transfer all in private basis in Wagon R or Santro (4 Seater)
- Daily Breakfast
- Driver allowances, toll, fuel, parking fee and taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Extras of personal nature such as personal tips, laundry charges, additional tour charges.
- Lunch, Tea, Snacks & Dinner
- Insurance, Medical & Emergency rescue costs.
- Hard drinks, liquor, mineral water in Hotel, or soft drinks/juices.
- Does not include Entrance Fees at Monasteries / Monuments / Museums etc.
- Specialized Guide
Day 01: Arrival at Bagdogra, Transfer to Darjeeling
On arrival at Bagdogra Airport, you’ll be transferred to your hotel in Darjeeling. Get ready for some rejuvenating time with your family in the blended experience of astounding nature and charming Himalayan people. Your Gangtok & Darjeeling family tour package begins at this little hill town that’ll mesmerize you with its splendid views of the lush tea gardens and the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. As you reach your hotel, check in and rest for the day. Overnight at the hotel.
Distance from Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling: 65 km
Travel Time (Bagdogra Airport to Darjeeling): Approx. 2.5 hours
Day 02: Sightseeing in Darjeeling
Wake up at dawn and head for Tiger Hill to watch the world’s third highest peak - the Kanchendzonga, turn from pink to gold as the sun rises over the mountain range. While returning, stop by at the 135-year-old Ghoom Monastery & the Batasia Loop War Memorial, built in the memory of martyred Gorkha soldiers. Enjoy a cup of piping hot Darjeeling tea at one of the tea stalls. Come back to your hotel for breakfast and rest for a while. Later, visit the Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Thursday closed). Take your kids to visit the Padmaja N. Zoological Garden (Thursday closed) and the Tibetan Refugee Centre (Sunday closed) for an amazing experience. Rummage through souvenirs at the market in Mall Road and buy lovely trinkets. Return to your hotel late in the evening for dinner and stay overnight, marking an end to the second day of your 6 days Sikkim & Darjeeling family tour package.
Day 03: Darjeeling to Gangtok via Teesta River
After having your breakfast, you and your family will be transferred to Gangtok - the land of adventure, monasteries, mystic rituals and festivals. On the way to the second destination on your Sikkim trip itinerary, you’ll cross the meandering Teesta River. You can make a halt by the river banks and click some lovely family photos. Gangtok is situated at an altitude of 5480 feet and is one of the most beautiful hill towns in India laden with Rhododendrons and rare orchids. Once you reach your destination, you can check into your hotel and spend leisurely time. Enjoy a satisfying dinner and sleep for the night.
Distance from Darjeeling to Gangtok: 98 km
Travel Time (Darjeeling to Gangtok via Teesta River): Approx. 4 hours
Day 04: Sightseeing in Gangtok
Savor a hearty breakfast in the morning, go on a full-day sightseeing tour of Gangtok. There are various places to visit in Gangtok that welcomes people from all walks of life. Start your Gangtok sightseeing tour with a visit to the Tashi View Point, Ganesh Tok and Hanuman Tok from where you can enjoy the spellbinding view of the Himalayas. Further, you can cover Do Drul Chorten -- the biggest stupa in Sikkim and Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (closed on Sunday) which has an impressive collection of Tibetan artifacts and ancient manuscripts. Shop for souvenirs at the Institute of Handicrafts and Handlooms (closed on Sunday) and Mall Road. Sleep off the night at your hotel in Gangtok.
Tip: While finalizing your Gangtok holiday itinerary, request your agent to include a visit to Rumtek Monastery and Enchey Monastery located on the outskirts of Gangtok (charges extra).
Day 05: Excursion to Gangtok: Tsomgo Lake & Baba Mandir
Wake up early to enjoy a beautiful hilly morning and have a delightful breakfast. On the last day of your Gangtok and Darjeeling family tour package, visit the beautiful Tsomgo Lake and the famous Baba Mandir. Get ready to begin your excursion tour of top Gangtok attractions. Perched at a height of 12,400 feet, the enchanting Tsomgo lake is the most visited tourist attraction on your Gangtok family tour package itinerary. Further, visit the Baba Harbhajan Mandir, one of the most sought after tourist attraction on your sightseeing tour itinerary. By late evening, reach your hotel in Gangtok and sleep off the night with wonderful memories of the day.
Optional: One can request their agent to include a visit to NathuLa Pass, the closest pass to China on their Sikkim & Darjeeling tour package itinerary (charges extra).
Day 06: Departure from Gangtok
In the morning, after having your breakfast, you’ll be transferred to the airport. Your Gangtok & Darjeeling tour ends here.
Distance from Gangtok to Bagdogra Airport: 126 km
Travel Time (Gangtok to Bagdogra Airport): 4 hours
Instructions, Terms & Conditions
- All passengers have to report 03 hrs prior to the departure due to security checking at the Airport.
- The passengers must ensure that the check-in baggage does not have storage elements such as power banks, laptops, batteries or any other electronic gadget. In case of issues at the airport relevant to the baggage or delay in departure or missing a flight or a baggage, the company is not responsible in any manner. However, the company attempts to provide the best assistance to the clients in such situations, but does not take the monetary responsibilities in any kind.
- Any change in the itinerary (due to client's request) at the destination will be subject to additional payment as per the market value.
- In case of any damage to the bike (on rental or own), the guests are solely responsible for compensating for the damage caused if any. The company has no obligation in participating in the process of negotiation or repairs if any. Since back-up van and mechanic are not being purchased with the package, any technical issue with the vehicle will have to be solved on the own expense of the guest.
- Some places in the capital city may not be permitted for public due to Independence Day.
- Clients are requested to follow the timings in the program. In case any services are missed due to delay in departure, the operator will not be responsible for any refunds. Also, it may lead to skipping some of the places planned for the day and guests have to cooperate with the tour operator.
- Clients are requested to review travel warnings, announcements, advisories and prohibitions issued by the relevant authorities and governments at the destinations. By offering travel products for particular destinations, the company does not warrant that travel to such areas is advisable or without risk. The company is not liable for damages or losses that may result from travel to such destinations.
- Date or time of departure, pickup or drop-off or the content of a tour itinerary, are subject to change or cancellation should unforeseen circumstances occur, at the discretion of the tour operator changes to the itinerary
- Tourists are obliged to stay with tour at all times.
- Tour Operator accepts no liability for direct or consequential loss of personal belongings and recommends that valuable belongings be left at home.
- In case of SIC tours, the clients must cooperate with the other tourists and consider their comfort levels during the tour.
- The company is NOT responsible for loss of life or hospitalization or similar incidents due to any unanticipated events during the tour.
- In case of accommodations in small towns (mostly less explored places), the hotels may not have the facilities the way it is available in the hotels located at urban areas. In such a case, the guests are requested to cooperate with the hotel management and adjust with the available resources and cooperate.
- We will not have further liability for the carriage any offensive or annoyance behavior to other passenger.
- Operator reserves the right to implement alternate locations or make other significant changes to the itinerary, including cancellation, due to force majeure, weather conditions, operational considerations, or imposed security limitations.
- Operator will, in case of changes, delay or cancellation in service provided by third parties such as airlines, border agencies, government bodies, or others, attempt to provide solutions to ensure the minimal impact to the schedule, experience, and cost.
- During the tour, drivers will not wait more than 30 minutes for late passengers.
- During the tour, drivers or other members of our team might take pictures for marketing purposes. If passengers do not agree with this, please inform a member of our team.
- Ensure all immigration documents are clear.
- All guests must carry their original ID proof. Ensure your ID proof is valid atleast 6 months from the date of arrival at the destination. Also, carry 5 copies of the ID proof along with 5 passport sized photographs (recent).
- There will be certain regulations of custom that you will receive on board flight.
- We suggest you take the opportunity to change to the currency accepted at the destination, atleast 72 hours before your date of departure from your hometown.
- At the end of the exit, there is a convenience place named Flight Information Center. Our guide/representative will be holding a board with your name.
- The company is not responsible in case the airline reschedules the flights or cancels a flight and re-books in an alternative flight by itself.
- If circumstances make you cancel your holiday, the cancellation must be intimated to us in writing.
- In case of flight and train booking, the cancellation fee would be as per the airline or railway norms. Airline cancellation is generally a heavy loss, irrespective of the mentioning of the word 'Refundable' in the ticket.
- For the holiday package, we will be constrained to levy the following cancellation charges per person.
- 45 to 30 days or more prior to the departure: 30% of the Holiday Cost.
- 29 To 15 days prior to the departure: 40% of the Holiday Cost.
- 14 To 07 days prior to the departure: 60% of the Holiday Cost.
- 06 To 03 days prior to the departure: 80% of the Holiday Cost.
- 02 To 01 day prior to the departure: 90% of the Holiday Cost.
- In case of no show: 100% of the Holiday Cost.
- Note: The cancellation charges mentioned above are applicable only for the package. The cancellation charges for flights is separate and is as per the flight cancellation (or rescheduling) policy of the airline.